2 thoughts on “What is there to do in Asilomar California? IS there beach access for the public?

  1. tonalc1 says:

    Yes, it’s accessible via Sunset Drive. Directions on this site:
    http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=566

    Not all California beaches are public. About 42 percent of the terrestrial coastline is publicly owned and accessible land. The other 58 percent is owned privately, or is held by federal, state or local governments. Although it is often difficult to distinguish between public and private land when you are walking on the beach, a general rule of thumb is that the public always has the right to walk on the wet sand.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *